- Directed Learning hours: 50
- Self Directed Learning hours: 50
- Total Learning Hours: 100
This course aims to equip students with the basic computer and literacy skills which they will need to be effective as a learner. Students will be provided with the opportunity to develop computer skills, effective organisational and time management skills, learning strategies, strategies for locating and interpreting information, and referencing using APA.
At the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use key computer applications effectively (Microsoft Windows, Blackboard, email groups, adobe reader, Internet browser, Microsoft word)
- Apply effective strategies in organisation and time management
- Understand their personal learning style and how this relates to their learning process.
- Consider the approaches most efficient in learning new information and apply this to assessments.
- Use both local and distance library services effectively
- Apply APA referencing
- Computer skills
- Online orientation.
- Organisation and time management
- Analyse and critique own learning style
- Learning strategies
- Information Literacy
- APA referencing.
Students will be expected to engage with online discussions and activities and in some instances, participation may be required.
Students must achieve competency in all assessment tasks assigned to them for completion of this course. Students attendance and participation must also comply with the attendance requirements of the course.
Student Reading List
Required Reading Resources:
- There are no required reading resources for this course.
Recommended Reading Resources:
- The course coordinator may recommend additional reading resources.